2020 Recipients CLICK HERE
2020 Masters Club Application CLICK HERE
APPLICATIONS PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED for 2020
MASTERS CLUB STANDING RULES
Purpose of Masters Club
To recognize the top REALTORS® who have met the approved criteria in one of the categories listed below during the prior calendar year.
Use of Logo and Advertising
Use of the Masters Club logo and/or advertising is restricted to current Masters Club Members who remain in good standing with the Association at all times and who have paid the current Masters Club Dues (MCD). Members who do not remain in “good standing” with the Association or do not meet one of the designations below, may not use the logo and/or advertising. The current Membership year must be legible on all printed material.
Levels of Membership
MEMBER – Is the designation pertaining to a Member who has applied for and achieved club criteria for the current year and has paid the current year’s MCD.
CONTINUING MEMBER – Is the designation pertaining to a Member who has achieved club criteria more than once, has achieved club criteria for the current year and has paid the current year’s MCD.
LIFE MEMBER – Is the designation pertaining to a Member who has qualified for club membership for five of the last seven years and has paid the current year’s dues. Once achieved, Life Member status may be maintained at its current level without meeting qualifying criteria by paying annual “Dues Only” membership. (See Recognition of Members and Annual MCD and Dues Only Membership for clarification.)
OUTSTANDING LIFE MEMBER– Is the designation pertaining to a Member who has qualified for club membership for ten of the last fifteen years and has paid the current year’s dues. Once achieved, Outstanding Life Member status may be maintained at its current level without meeting qualifying criteria by paying current “Dues Only” membership. (See Recognition of Members and Annual Dues & Dues Only Membership for clarification.)
Annual Dues & Dues Only Membership
All Members must pay the current annual MCD to retain Membership in the Masters Club.
Life and Outstanding Life Members who do not meet the club criteria for the current Membership year must pay the annual MCD in order to advertise as a Masters Club Member, use the logo, and keep their Membership level. Paying “Dues Only” will not count as an eligible year for advancement to the next type of membership.
Lapses in Membership
Members who have not paid their dues (MCD) for a period of three (3) years lose their Masters Club Membership status and would start over if returning to membership.
Recognition of Members
Only approved Members for the current qualifying year will be recognized at the annual awards event and in local media publications. Only Members who have achieved club criteria for the current year may order awards for that year.
The applicant must be a licensed REALTOR® (agent or broker) in “good standing” with the Central Valley Association of REALTORS® both at the time of application, and during the year for which they are applying for CVAR Masters Club Membership. “Member” as used in these rules refers to someone who is a REALTOR® in good standing at all times and has qualified for the current CVAR Masters Club year. Members that have been approved but subsequently have their CVAR membership suspended or terminated or who are no longer qualified, will relinquish their Masters Club membership status for the remainder of that year.
Criteria for Approval
- Applicant must submit in writing the “closed escrows” in which they have been either the listing and/or selling agent/broker. Applicant will be given 100% credit for a transaction if they represented only a buyer or only a seller in a single transaction. Applicant will be given 200% credit for the sales price if they have represented both the buyer and seller of the closed escrow.
- If the applicant shared in the listing end or the selling end of the transaction with another agent, they can only take credit for the portion that the applicant actually completed. (Example: Applicant (Agent A) shared listing end with Agent B, and Agent C sold the property. Applicant (Agent A) can only take credit for the portion for which they are due, which may not be less than 50%).
- Requests for additional supporting materials must be available for verification upon request of the Masters Club Committee. Failure to furnish records for verification will cause applicant to be disqualified. Falsification of records of sales credit will result in the individual’s disqualification from further participation in the Masters Club.
- Both MetroList® and non-MetroList® sales may be counted. A closed escrow must be recorded during a calendar year to be counted. Applicant may only submit transactions where they were the agent or co-agent of record and an agency relationship has been confirmed.
- Transactions not on the MetroList® Masters Club Report shall be considered a non-MetroList® transaction. To receive credit for a non-MetroList® transaction, the required documentation as define below must be submitted with the application.
Preparation of Application
- A Masters Club application form certified by the applicant.
- The MetroList® Masters Club Report
- If the MetroList® Masters Club Report does not provide a total amount of credit needed to qualify, additional documentation will be required.
- Payment of Masters Club annual dues as well as any payments for awards and late fee as appropriate.
- Each new home/non-MetroList® sale must include the proper documentation as follows. (a copy of Page 10 of the RPA and the FINAL Closing/Settlement Statement for each property submitted)
Applications for the current calendar year may be downloaded from the CVAR website (www.CVAR.org). Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com beginning in November of each year. All applications must be received by CVAR staff no later than the last Friday of January by 4:30pm. Late applications are accepted until the last business day of June by completing the requirements above and attaching a late payment of $100 in addition to the MCD. The Masters Club cannot assure recognition at the luncheon, in the media, or the availability of awards for late applications. The fee for late applications is not applicable to “Dues Only” Life or Outstanding Life Members who may pay the MCD anytime during the calendar year following the year for which applying (e.g. 2019 for 2018 production). Applications are not considered complete until the Applicant pays the Masters Club Dues.
The minimum qualifying amount and the number of minimum required transactions is reviewed by the Masters Club Committee on an annual basis.
- Click Here for a PDF version of the Masters Club Rules